When you can’t decide what you want to eat, a Buddha Bowl is just what you need. They are delicious, colourful, comforting and not to mention the perfect dish for an Instagram food snap! Usually made up of grains, veggies, and a protein, the best thing about Buddha Bowls are that you can use pretty much anything you have in your fridge, press or freezer. There are countless variations and flavour possibilities! Need some Buddha Bowl inspiration? Here’s one of our tried and tested recipes that you can’t go wrong with.
Make sure to let us know if you try out the recipe in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on our socials. We love to hear about your own recipe creations!
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 packet of Strong Roots Spinach Bites
1 packet of Strong Roots Roast Beetroot Wedges
1 packet of Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato
2 Strong Roots Riped Avocado Halves
100ml crème fraiche
Juice of 1 orange
100g fresh kale
2 tbsp toasted mixed seeds
100g pomegranate seeds
1. Cook the Spinach Bites, Roast Beetroot Wedges and Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato on separate baking sheets according to their packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile, chop the fully defrosted avocado halves and blend with the crème fraiche and enough of the orange juice to make a thick avocado cream (leave some for drizzling at the end).
3. Blanch the kale for 2 minutes, then drain and refresh under cold running water.
4. Put it in a bowl with the mixed seeds and lightly dress with some of the avocado cream.
5. Divide the Spinach Bites, Roast Beetroot Wedges and Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato between 4 deep bowls.
6. Add a good dollop of avocado cream to each one and garnish with the pomegranate seeds.
7. Add a squeeze of orange juice to each to serve.
8. Enjoy your Buddha Bowl!