Colder weather is upon us, which means that it’s the perfect time to warm up with a STRONG ROOTS soup recipe inspired by dynamic duo, The Happy Pear! Featuring our Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks, this delicious Coconut, Roasted Sweet Potato & Lemongrass Soup is packed full of a variety of flavours and is one recipe that will warm you up on the coldest of days!
Let us know if you try it out in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on social media. We love hearing about your creations!
1 bag of STRONG ROOTS Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks
2 onions, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 red chillies
Small piece of fresh ginger (1cm)
3 tbs oil
2 stalks of lemongrass
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 2 limes
1.5 litres vegetable stock
1 x 400 ml tin coconut milk
1. Preheat the oven to 200 °C.
2. Cook the STRONG ROOTS Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks as per cooking instructions on the pack.
3. Pour the oil into a large pan at medium heat. Add the onion and carrot and sautée for 10 minutes until translucent and soft. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
4. Bruise the lemongrass with the back of your knife and add to the pan along with the garlic, chillies and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add the sweet potatoes and stir. Sprinkle the salt and pepper and squeeze in juice of two limes. Pour in the stock and coconut milk and turn up the heat.
6. Bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove the pan from the heat. Take out the lemongrass stalks and blend the soup until smooth.
8. Serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt and some coriander.