Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and served with creamy avocado, mayo and pickled cucumber for flare, food blogger Issa Robinson, aka @GoodnessGuru, created a delicious, fresh, fast comfort food recipe using our Pumpkin & Spinach Burgers!
Let us know if you try it out in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on social media. We love hearing about your creations!
2 Strong Roots Pumpkin & Spinach Burgers
2 wholemeal buns (or buns of choice)
2 tbsps mayo, vegan mayo, greek yoghurt
1 large avocado
2 small handfuls of lettuce of choice
25ml olive oil
25ml cider vinegar
25ml red wine vinegar
1. Prepare the quick pickled cucumber the day before making the entire recipe. Peel the cucumber (using a vegetable peeler) into fine slices. Add the slices to a bowl and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt.
2. Pour the olive oil, red cider vinegar and cider vinegar over cucumber slices and stir. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight or for at least 6 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place the Strong Roots Pumpkin & Spinach Burgers on the tray and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
4. Mash the avocado using the back of a fork and season with salt and pepper.
5. Half the buns and toast until they start to turn crispy. Cover the bottom bun with a generous heap of smashed avo and top with mayo.
6. Add the Pumpkin & Spinach Burger on top of the avocado and add small handful of greens. Add the pickled cucumber on top of the mayo and carefully assemble.
7. Enjoy whilst the burger and bun are still warm!