We know how hectic life can be so we asked food blogger Sara Kiyo Popowa, aka @shisodelicious, to create a recipe that really comes to the rescue at the end of a long day. Satisfying chips and veggie burgers are balanced by greens, gut-friendly tangy sauerkraut and a nutrient-rich, flavoursome ketchup.
Let us know if you try it out in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on social media. We love hearing about your creations!
Ingredients (serves 2):
4 Strong Roots Kale & Quinoa Burgers
2 portions Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries and/or Strong Roots Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
4 large salad (or collard) leaves
8-10 curly kale leaves, thoroughly washed
1 red or pink grapefruit
4 tbsp sauerkraut
3 tbsp natural ketchup
Hot chilli sauce or powder to taste
1 1/2 tbsp brown rice miso paste (medium colour/strength)
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Water (for desired consistency)
1. Preheat your oven to 200ºC and place frozen Strong Roots Kale & Quinoa Burgers and Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries in a single layer on a (paper-lined) baking tray. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until the chips are crispy and a little charred at the edges.
2. Heat a dry frying pan over medium-high heat and rip the (wet) kale leaves straight into the pan. Chop the stems finely and add in.
3. Add a splash of water, cover with lid and let steam for a couple of minutes, until the leaves are soft but still bright green.
4. Use a sharp knife to skin the grapefruit. Cut into thin slices and combine with kale.
5. Stir together all ketchup ingredients in a small bowl.
6. To make the wraps, open a leaf and fill with chips, a spoonful of ketchup, a spoonful of sauerkraut, one Strong Roots Quinoa & Kale Burger (broken in two) and kale/grapefruit.
7. Wrap up and enjoy!