Good news, veggie lovers! This month we’ve invited food blogger Tiago Fragoso, aka @thehealthybeard, to create a delicious recipe that we know you’re going to love. Using our Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes, this hearty Mushroom, Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato & Quinoa Bake is packed full of flavour with every bite.
Let us know if you try it out in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on social media. We love hearing about your creations!
250g Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato
250g portobello mushrooms
1 tsp garlic oil
2 garlic cloves
½ medium-size onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by pre-heating the oven to 200°C and placing the Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks on a baking tray lined with grease-proof paper. Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
2. Rinse the quinoa thoroughly. Boil 400ml of water with sea salt, then add the quinoa and boil for 15-18 minutes over a medium heat.
3. Wash and slice mushrooms, crush the garlic and dice the onion. Pour the garlic oil directly in a frying pan over medium heat and throw in the sliced mushroom, garlic and diced onion. Cook until the mushrooms are nice and crispy. Season the mushrooms with salt, pepper and fresh thyme to taste. Simmer on a very low heat for 15 minutes.
4. Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and mix them with the mushrooms. Add the quinoa and stir.
5. Transfer the ingredients to a baking dish. Add raw mushrooms slices and extra thyme, then reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Serve with a green salad and enjoy!