Spring is in full swing so we’ve invited food blogger Isa Robinson, aka @goodnessguru, to create a vibrant, hearty spring salad recipe that’s perfect for BBQ season! Using a combination of quinoa and our Mixed Root Vegetable Fries, she’s come up with a delicious creation that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Let us know if you try it out in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on social media. We love hearing about your creations!
1 pack Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries
40g dried cranberries
2 tbsp fresh pomegranate seeds
Olive oil to serve
For the Coriander Almond Pesto:
85g fresh coriander, plus a handful to serve
75ml olive oil
Juice of 1 large lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Spread the almonds on a baking tray and toast in the oven for approximately 10-15 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
3. Turn the oven up to 180°C. Empty the Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries into an ovenproof dish and bake for approximately half an hour.
4. In the meantime, add the quinoa to a saucepan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer until cooked, adding more water as necessary.
5. To make the coriander almond pesto, add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until you have a textured vibrant pesto. Taste and season accordingly, adding more olive oil as desired.
6. Add the rocket to a bowl and toss lightly in olive oil. Arrange on a large serving platter.
7. Once the quinoa and Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries are cooked, combine them together (you can add the quinoa to the ovenproof dish and toss). Arrange as elegantly as possible over the rocket.
8. Dollop a tablespoonful of the coriander pesto over the salad. Sprinkle with dried cranberries, fresh pomegranate and a drizzle more olive oil. Scatter with fresh coriander. Enjoy!