This month we invited mum and food blogger Pamela Higgins aka @spamellab to create an Easter Sunday Roast using our products and she didn’t disappoint. We love the originality behind her Veggie Toad in the Hole – the perfect recipe to satisfy a gang of kids (and adults too)!
Let us know if you try it out in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on social media. We love hearing about your creations!
For the Toad in a Hole:
1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
1 courgette, cut into chunks
¼ butternut squash, peeled & cubed
6 veggie sausages
1/4 pack Strong Roots Roasted Beetroot Wedges
100g plain gluten-free flour
150ml skimmed milk or unsweetened almond/soya milk
2 tsp mixed herbs
For the Veggie Gravy:
1 tsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 tbsp cornflour
Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C and grease a 20cm x 26cm ovenproof baking dish or tin.
2. Drizzle the olive oil and add the onion, courgette, squash, Strong Roots Roasted Beetroot Wedges and veggie sausages and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Whisk together the flour, eggs, milk and herbs with salt and black pepper. Remove the dish from the oven, pour all over, return and cook for a further 20-30 minutes until risen and golden.
4. At the same time bake the Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetable Fries according to the packet instructions.
5. Meanwhile, make the gravy. Heat the oil in a small pan and add the garlic. Cook gently for 10 minutes then add the stock cubes and water. Bring to the boil and allow the cubes to dissolve.
6. Whisk the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water to make a paste, then whisk in and simmer for a couple of minutes until thickened. Add black pepper.
7. When ready to serve your Easter Sunday Roast, dish out some of the toad in the hole, fries and broccoli and pour over some gravy. Enjoy!