Pancake Tuesday is upon us and we’ve been busy in the kitchen whipping up these delicious savoury pancakes. Filled with our Spinach Bites, hummus, cherry tomatoes, rocket and fresh lemon juice, they’re the ultimate savoury treat – perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Let us know if you try out the recipe in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on social. We love hearing about your creations!
Ingredients (Makes 6-7 pancakes):
For the savoury pancakes:
1 cup buckwheat flour
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup oat milk
1/4 cup water
1 large handful of spinach
1 handful of fresh basil
1 tsp mixed dried herbs
Salt & pepper
For the filling:
Strong Roots Spinach Bites
Cherry tomatoes, chopped
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C and cook the Strong Roots Spinach Bites for 10-15 mins.
2. To make the pancake batter, place all the ingredients except the coconut oil in a blender and blend until fully combined.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan on a medium heat & pour the pancake batter into the pan.
4. Fry each pancake on either side for 2-3 minutes until browned then serve up on a warm plate.
5. Spread a dollop of hummus on one side of the pancake, then layer it with rocket, tomatoes, basil and the cooked Spinach Bites.
6. Squeeze over some fresh lemon juice then fold the pancake in half and dig in!