As part of our Veganuary food adventure this month, we asked plant-based foodie Elisa (@HappySkinKitchen) to create some vegan-friendly recipes for us. Here is the second of our bonus recipe series (see our first bonus recipe here from @VeganbySomi)! Elisa’s recipe is a plant power brunch bowl made with our Ripened Avocado Halves, Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes, and Spinach Bites. It’s the perfect recipe for a savory brunch and would also work for a quick, healthy lunch or dinner.
Make sure to let us know if you try out the recipe in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on our socials. We love to hear about your own recipe creations.
Ingredients – per brunch bowl (1 person)
1 block of firm tofu
1 white onion finely sliced
2 -4 cherry tomatoes on the vine
250g of sliced chestnut mushrooms
2 Strong Roots Ripened Avocado Halves (defrosted)
6 Strong Roots Spinach Bites
250g Strong Roots Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 clove of crushed garlic
Handful of fresh thyme leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
Rocket to serve (optional)
1. Start by slow roasting the cherry tomatoes. Place them on a baking tray with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and bake them in the oven at 150 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes. Remove them from the oven and leave them to the side.
2. Place the Strong Roots Spinach Bites and Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes on a tray and cook as per instructions. 2 minutes before they are ready, add the vine tomatoes so they can be served warm.
3. In the meantime, make the tofu scramble: heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the finely sliced onion. Cook for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent. With your hands, crumble the tofu and add it to the pan together with the turmeric and smoked paprika. Cook for about 10 minutes.
4. In a separate pan cook the mushrooms: heat up one tablespoon of olive oil and add the crushed garlic, cook for a couple of minutes, stirring from time to time. Add the mushrooms. Cook them for 8-10 minutes until all the water has evaporated and they are soft.
5. To serve, add the rocket into a bowl with the tofu scramble, mushrooms, vine tomatoes, Spinach Bites, Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes and the sliced Ripened Avocado Halves. Add a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle of black pepper and enjoy!
For more recipes like this one, check out our Veganuary Recipe Book HERE.