Cheer up these chilly Winter nights with a spiced lamb kofta salad using our new Roasted Beetroot Wedges. A handy, healthy dinner that you can whip up in no time. To make it veggie you could swap the lamb kofta for falafel and you’ll have a delicious salad that’s bursting with flavour!
Make sure to let us know if you try out the recipe in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on our socials. We love to hear about your own recipe creations.
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 packet of Strong Roots Roasted Beetroot Wedges
400g packed lean minced lamb
1 small onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp paprika
15g packet fresh flat-leaf parsley (leaves finely chopped)
20g pine nuts
40g ground almonds
120g feta cheese
6 tbsp buttermilk
½ lemon, pips removed
100g baby spinach leaves
1 tbsp olive oil
100g sprouting seeds (optional)
100g pomegranate seeds
1. Cook the Roasted Beetroot Wedges according to instructions on the packet, then remove from the oven and allow to cool a little.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the lamb with the onion, garlic, paprika, parsley, pine nuts and ground almonds. Divide into 12 portions and roll into small patties. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 15 minutes until cooked through and lightly golden.
3. Blend half the feta with the buttermilk and a squeeze of lemon juice.
4. Lightly dress the spinach with the olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. Arrange on plates and scatter over the beetroot wedges with the sprouting seeds, if using, the pomegranate seeds and crumble the rest of the feta on top.
5. Add the spiced lamb kofta on the side and drizzle with the feta & buttermilk dressing to serve.