Sweet, savoury, salty and rich in protein, our maple glazed salmon with Mixed Root Vegetables & hazelnut dukkah ticks all the boxes for a get together with friends or family! To make it vegetarian you could swap the salmon for some grilled halloumi. To make it vegan you could use some grilled tofu (marinated in lime, garlic, coriander, and chilli powder).
Make sure to let us know if you try out the recipe in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on our socials. We love to hear about your own recipe creations.
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 Packet of Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetables
1 tsp olive oil
4 x 100g salmon fillets
2 tsp maple syrup
40g hazelnuts (skin removed)
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
1 tsp sesame seeds
½ tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1. Cook the Strong Roots Mixed Root Vegetables according to instructions on the packet.
2. Heat an ovenproof frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the oil and then add the salmon fillets, presentation side down and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Then turn over the fillets and drizzle the maple syrup on top. Place into the same oven as the Mixed Root Vegetables and cook for another 7 minutes or until just cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, make the hazelnut dukkah. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the hazelnuts with the salt, pepper, fennel seeds, sesame seeds and rosemary until nicely toasted and aromatic, tossing the pan regularly.
5. Arrange the Mixed Root Vegetables on four plates and put a fillet of the maple salmon on each one. Scatter over the hazelnut dukkah to serve.