Looking for a light but festive dinner idea? You’ll have to try our new Beetroot & Bean Burger Salad recipe served with halloumi, watercress & orange. Our Beetroot & Bean Burger Salad is low sugar, low saturated fat and high in fibre. If you’re short on time they also work very well on their own in a bun/pitta or as a starter!
Make sure to let us know if you try out the recipe in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on our socials. We love to hear about your own recipe creations!
Ingredients – serves 4
x4 Strong Roots Beetroot & Bean Burgers
1 tbsp olive oil
1 x 250g block halloumi cheese, cut into 8 slices
50g fresh watercress
25g dried cranberries
2 tbsp crème fraiche, plus extra to serve
1. Cook the Strong Roots Beetroot & Bean Burgers according to the instructions on the packet.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the slices of halloumi for a minute or two on each side until golden.
3. Remove the skin and pith of the orange over a bowl to catch any juices. Use the juice to lightly dress the watercress and cut the orange into 4 slices to use as a garnish.
4. Soak the cranberries in hot water for 2 minutes, then drain.
5. Divide the dressed watercress among plates, then scatter the cranberries on top.
6. Add a Beetroot & Bean Burger to each one with a dollop of crème fraiche. Then arrange the slices of halloumi on top and finish each one with a slice of orange.
7. Serve with a bowl of crème fraiche.