With Halloween just around the corner, we figured it was a fitting moment to share a recipe idea for our brand new Pumpkin & Spinach Burger! This is an incredibly quick and simple recipe; perfect for any Halloween entertaining served as the main course or a fun party snack idea. The quesadillas are full of flavour and manage to pack in lots of veggies. Make sure to let us know if you try out the recipe in the comments section below or tag us in a picture on our socials. We love to hear about your own variations!
Ingredients – Serves 4
1 packet of Strong Roots Pumpkin & Spinach Burger (4 burgers)
4 wholemeal wraps
120g mature white cheddar cheese, grated
2 scallions, thinly sliced
2 fresh sage leaves, shredded
4 Strong Roots Ripened Avocado Halves
1 roasted red pepper, finely diced (can be from a jar or can)
Juice of ½ lemon
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Sour cream, to serve
1. Cook the Strong Roots Pumpkin Spinach & Burger from frozen for 15-20 minutes in a preheated oven at 200°c.
2. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Put the wraps on the worktop and sprinkle some cheese into the middle of each. Scatter over the scallions and sage. Add a Spinach & Pumpkin Burger to each then fold the wrap to enclose the filling.
3. Add the quesadillas to the heated frying pan, presentation side up. Cook for a couple of minutes on each side until lightly toasted.
4. Meanwhile, chop the fully defrosted Ripened Avocado Halves into dices and mix with the roasted red pepper and lemon juice. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
5. Serve the Spinach & Pumpkin Burger quesadillas on plates with some of the avocado and red pepper salsa and sour cream to serve.