For this summer recipe, we’ve used our Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks with baby corn, red peppers, and scallions but you can be as inventive as you like with skewers pairing the Sweet Potato Chunks with different types of veg or meat. The bright colours of the vegetables are also extremely appetising to children, so it’s a fantastic way to get them eating more veg! So for a weekend lunch or summer dinner party, impress your guests with these delicious Sweet Potato Skewers. If you use any other ingredients please let us know in the comments section below.
Ingredients – Serves 20
6 tbsp Mayonnaise
3 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
½ Pack Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks
1 Punnet Baby Corn
1 Bunch Scallion (white part)
1 Red Peppers
20 Bamboo Skewers (soaked in water)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Arrange the Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks on an oven tray and bake for 23 minutes.
3. Cut the baby corn into ½-inch lengths, cut the peppers into 1-inch squares and trim the scallions.
4. Skewer the vegetables with the Sweet Potato Chunks. Drizzle with olive oil, and grill for 5 to 8 minutes turning occasionally.
5. Mix mayonnaise with the Sriracha sauce and serve.