Everybody loves tacos. They’re light, refreshing and allow for personalisation as you can add whatever topping you like. They’re also great for gathering friends and family around on a long summers evening. Fresh toppings keep the meal light and we’ve opted for chicken marinated with lime served with our Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks, red cabbage topped with a creamy avocado and harissa dressing. Try making them at home and send us a picture of the finished dish!
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Limes (juiced)
2 tbsp Olive Oil
500g Strong Roots Garlic Sweet Potato
2 tsp Harissa
1 Strong Roots Ripened Avocado Halve (defrosted)
100ml Créme Fraiche
100g Red Cabbage Shredded
8 Corn Tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C.
2. Remove the small inner chicken fillet from the breast, lay the breast flat and carefully slice it down the length, opening it up like a book. Marinade with juice from one lime, olive oil, and salt for about 20 minutes.
3. Arrange the Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks on a single layer on an oven tray. Bake for 23 minutes.
4. Grill the chicken on a hot barbecue for about 4 minutes each side. Slice and keep warm.
5. Grill the tacos.
6. Combine harissa, avocado and Créme Fraiche with a hand blender until smooth.
7. Have your guests build tacos with red cabbage, Garlic Roasted Sweet Potato, harissa creme fraiche and a squeezed lime.